Saturday, March 6, 2010

HEALTHY GRANOLA* Delicious*

I saw them making this Granola on Good Things Utah.
It is so good !! It is as good as a Cookie, Honest.
Look at all these Yummy ingredients.





Healthy Granola - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News: "Prepared by Laura Holbrook
www.yogimama.org
Preheat oven to 275
Ingredients:
4 c rolled oats
1 c wheat germ
½ c flax seeds
¾ c protein powder (I use whey based vanilla flavor)
1 T cinnamon
Mix all these ingredients in a large bowl.
Then in another bowl mix:
½ c pure maple syrup
6 T canola oil
2 T water
Method:
Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly.
Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Bake for approx 25 min or until lightly golden brown.
Optional add-ins: slivered almonds, coconut, raisins, dried fruit.
You can feel good about eating this! This contains 2 important ingredients for weight loss: Protein & Fiber curb your appetite! You will eat less and feel satisfied longer!
www.yogimama.org"

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your granola is so good! Thanks for sharing! I love the almonds and raisins and coconut.
I've got to get the ingredients together to see if I can make it taste that good.
Your pictures are great too.

Meridy said...

I should try making it some time. :)

Angie said...

My mom let me taste some and it really was delicious! I need to make some too. I love it in yogurt.

Lisa said...

Looks really good. I'll have to make some.

Kristina said...

YuMMy...Thanks now I have the recipe!!